Green Property Management
Villa Montgomery Apartments, GOLD LEED Awardee
"Green" property management can mean different things to different people.
At Westlake Realty Group®, it means nothing less than a solid and meaningful commitment to the green building movement and to conducting our property management operations responsibly. Every day, in every aspect of our business, we demonstrate environmental leadership:
- "In 2004, Westlake adopted a paperless management system. Not only have we stemmed the flood of paper, we've also enabled tenants and staff to communicate electronically. From putting maintenance work orders online to recycling every scrap of paper we produce, Westlake is reducing waste and increasing operational efficiency. "
- Streamlining the Back Office
- "All Westlake senior managers are working toward the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification. And our company is committed to creating healthy, productive places to live and work. Tenants can only control a portion of their environment, so Westlake is going the extra mile with properties that have a reduced carbon footprint."
- Taking the LEED
- "We've introduced a lot of great ideas at our commercial and residential properties. Among them: paint that's low in volatile organic compounds (VOC). Energy Star-certified appliances. Solar-powered exterior lighting. Native-plant landscaping. Innovative rainwater collection systems. Low-flow toilets and water-saving showerheads. As new, cost-effective ideas come to the fore, you can be sure that you'll find them at work at every Westlake property. "
- Managing "Green"
- "During every move-in orientation, property management staff educates tenants about water conservation, recycling, and how to save on their utility bills."
- Educating "Green"